- Sunday-Couch-to-5K (C25K): Week 3, Day 1 workout (missed 30s on both 3 min runs)
- Monday-walked 1 mile (stress relief)
- Tuesday-C25K: Week 3, Day 2 workout
- Thursday-1 mile warm up walk, 1.25 mile bike ride, and weight training orientation
- Friday-C25K: Week 3, Day 3 workout (missed some time on both 3 min runs)
Friday, August 13, 2010
This week was the beginning of the Couch-to-5K, Week 3 of training. Week 3 workouts consist of 5 min warm up, 90s run/90s walk, then 3min run/3min walk (repeat twice), and a 5 min cool down. Let me tell you something! There is a big difference between running 90seconds and running 3 minutes. I struggled on Day 1 and Day 3 of this interval training. So, I think it is best to repeat this week and get a better handle on running the 3 minutes. This week was the first full week of school for my kids and we are all adjusting to our new routine. Also, I did the weight training "prescription" at the Wellness Center on Thursday of this week. So, next week will be my first week of regularly adding weights to my routine. Below is what I did this week.