Friday, August 20, 2010

Weekly Update #5

This week I repeated the Week 3 workouts.  I'm really glad I did.  While I won't say it was easy, it was easier than last week.  My knee has been bothering me some this week, too.  It isn't sore, but there is some aching immediately after my run and again the next morning.

So, my training for the week...
  • Saturday-swam 6 laps, but mainly a rest day
  • Sunday-Couch-to-5K, Week 3, Day 1 (repeating this week)
  • Monday-20 mins on the elliptical machine, strength training routine (1 set)
  • Tuesday-Couch-to-5K, Week 3, Day 2 (repeating this week)
  • Wednesday-Rest
  • Thursday-Couch-to-5K, Week 3, Day 3 (repeating this week)
  • Friday-20 mins on the elliptical machine, strength training routine (2 sets)
I've been exercising regularly for over a month now.  I'm on my way to a new lifestyle.  Now that I've got the exercising in my daily routine, I need to work on my diet.  This is the hard part for me.  Being gluten-free isn't bad once you get used to it.  I've done it for over a year now.  However, when I start focusing on food more than I already do, it feels overwhelming.  I have gained 6 pounds in the last month.  Crazy, huh?  Regardless of what my friend says about it being muscle, I know it is not.  One doesn't build that kind of muscle that quickly.  I really think my body is some mild state of shock.  I know this exercise is good for me and I know that adding the diet component into the plan will help.  I'm trying not to focus on the scale, but it doesn't make it any easier.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your progress! I'm struggling with the scale issue too. Last week I was really "good" with both diet and exercise and lost no weight. Thus, this week I have been discouraged and not as "good." Which makes no sense, but it is a mental game nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus on the fact that you are healthier! To me the scale sometimes feels like the biggest enemy when you are trying to lose weight.

    You have a lot to be proud of..just ignore the scale and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete